Field Day Update
This year Field Day will occur on June 21st – 23rd. I went up to Monte Cristo Sunday morning, there was still 1.5 to 2.5 feet of snow in the area. For now we will be having the event at a very large park in Hooper, Utah. 5580 W 4600 S, Hooper. No fires or fire pits, so plan accordingly. You can park RV’s/Trailers in the parking lot or on the outside fence by the street. You can setup tents on the grass if you like. Let’s just make sure that we don’t damage anything existing there.
There will be access to the restrooms in the building so there will be no need for the porta potty. You may start setting up as early as Thursday night. The station and antenna setup will start on Friday, June 21st at noon.
This is a great opportunity to get on the air. Let me know if you have any questions.
Field Day Schedule
Thursday, June 20th – Optional – Early Arrivals – You are on your own. Meals on your own
Friday, June 21st – Arrive on-site -setup on your own.
- Start antenna project (exclusive 15 meter V-Beam
- Setup Tower with Beam
- Setup PSK31 station/antennas
- By eveing the generator should arrive.
- Meals on your own.
- Movie Friday Night
Saturday, June 22nd – Breakfast/Lunch on your own.
8:00 am – Noon – Finish final preparations
- Test Power source
- Logging Computers on-line and ready
- Final calibration of antennas all stations
- Final Coordination of operating schedules
- 12:00 noon – Start Contesting
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm potluck/everyone’s famous dutch oven barbeque
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm special projects for points (video/satellites, etc.)
- 9:00 or when dark enough outdoor movie
Sunday, June 23rd – Breakfast provided by the club
- Contesting continues
- 12:00 – Cleanup – Take down project
- Take Down Tower with Beam
- Take Down PSK31 and other Stations
- Police Camp for trash, etc.
- Depart in Convoy.